Welcome to Lodge Farm Kitchen - Cookery Courses
Forget going out to lunch - just come here with friends & family and make it instead!!!
Themed Cookery Courses, Birthday Parties, Cooking Tuition, Cookery Course Vouchers, Lessons and Cookery workshops, Cookery School.
Cookery Courses are held in the beautiful setting of Lodge Farm in it's modern Kitchen, the courses are taught by me Zena Leech-Calton, professional Chef. cookery tutor, food writer & blogger with over 30 years in catering. I trained at Norwich City College & was a chef for over 10 years in London including pastry chef at BT tower, commis chef at Habitat, sous chef at Designers guild & eventually working my way up to Head Chef at Ealing Film Studios, after which I went in to catering management for Leiths. I have now been teaching for over 15 years firstly for Adult Education/Family learning and now here at my very own Cookery School in Bawburgh.
All my courses are private, for your friends & family only - you can choose from a group course up to 6, a mini themed course for 2 or a party course for kids or adults for up to 10. Pick from over 15 different themes (see below) - I specialise in Asian but have a passion for all foods.
Cookery Courses - Norwich, NorfolkVouchers - all my cookery courses can be bought as pre-paid vouchers. See my teaching days and times below. Bookings subject to availability / Valid for 6 months.
Themed Cookery Courses
Group Courses - Up to 6 for £190 midweek term time or £220 anytime* inclusive for a 3 hour session including ingredients, refreshments, a sit down feast in the kitchen. See Adult Parties for bigger groups including diner hire.
Mini Cookery Class for Two - A Themed 2 hour cookery lesson for 2 people for £85 mid-week term time or £110 anytime* inclusive - including all ingredients, refreshments and recipes. Dishes to take away - - - (please note, as from October 2018 these will be changing to £110 for all dates any time of the year, but they won't be available on Saturdays (reserved for group courses) and will only be available on Tuesday evenings as well as mid week Tue, Wed and Thur 10, 12 and 1.45pm)
Mini Family Class with the kids (1 - 2 adults & 2 - 3 children (min age 7 - 15)) anytime for £125 or Inclusion Class as above but for learners (1-3) and carers (1-2) anytime for £125
Children's or Adults Birthday Parties
Up to 8 children (minimum age 8) including the birthday child plus two adult helpers needed (parents etc - you get fed!!!) £230 for 3 hours of cookery hands on fun, demos, tasters, games and lunch. Choose from Pizza & Donuts, Burgers & Sundaes, Mexican & Churros or Wraps & Baking (£10 per additional child up to 10)
PLUS for bigger groups & companies Adults Cookery Parties - - - £265 for up to 8 (£15 per person up to 10) for 3 hours including Diner or Dining room Hire. Relax more & go Large - up to an extra hour in the Diner including Tea & Coffee and home-made cookies for £25
Teaching Days and TimesPlease Note - its been my busiest year, with so many courses under my chaffy belt, dates are getting scarce - So no vouchers will be available without pre-booking a date and time - subject to availability. Tuesdays - 10am, 12pm, 1.45pm (1pm for groups in term time) or 6.30pm (mini's only) Wednesdays - 10am, 12pm or 1.45pm (1pm for groups in term time) Thursdays - 10am, 12pm or 1.45pm (1pm for groups in term time) Saturdays - 10am or 2pm (From 2019 - Groups and Party's only)
Choose a THEME
- Thai One /or/ Vegan or Vegetarian Thai
- Thai Two (only for those who've done Thai one)
- Japanese inc. Sushi
- Asian Street Food /or / Vegetarian or Vegan Asian (Mini Theme only)
- **Dim Sum (**Group Course only)
- Mexican /or / Vegetarian or Vegan Mexican
- Spanish Tapas / or / Vegan or Vegetarian Tapas
- Italian - Pasta & Antipasto /or / Vegetarian or Vegan Italian
- Middle Eastern
- American Diner Classics
- **Bread & Baking (**Group Course only)
- **Your Daily Bread (**Group Course only)
- Gluten Free Baking & Snacks
- Guide to Cooking & Preparing Fish (additional £10 mini / £20 group charge inclusive)
- The Perfect Christmas (Go Large Group Course only)
- NEW - - BBQ 'Al Fresco' Fire and Earth mid-week Group cookery course - click for info
What's Included - No need to bring anything (apart from maybe an apron & some large take away containers), all ingredients and refreshments included, as is a recipe booklet with plenty of recipes to try at home - including dishes to eat here or take away.
- Thank you so much for Saturday Zena! We loved the class & the food was delicious �� I'd love to come & do an Indian course next!!! X
- Thanks for a great morning Zena - We are all fired up to cook authentic Mexican from Norfolk to Somerset 😎
- Thanks for a great morning of making pizzas and donuts. We all had a great time and will definitely come back for another go! Xx
- Brilliant morning of bread and baking - thank you for sharing your kitchen and your expertise x
- Thank you Zena for our very enjoyable morning with you learning and cooking Thai food. We've just enjoyed the fruits of our lesson and very much appreciated by husbands too. What a beautiful home you have in an idyllic location.
- A brief but sincere 'thank you' for this afternoon. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and your very effective teaching, Jeremy now fired up to take a course with his children. Many thanks again, Ron.
- We just wanted to thank you again for yesterday, thank you for all your efforts and research for gluten free recipes, we both had a lovely afternoon and really appreciated everything you did. Very much looking forward to trying more of your recipes and including a new mix of flavours and ingredients into our cooking. We all got a thumbs up from Milo too which is high praise indeed!