Welcome to Lodge Farm Kitchen - Cookery Courses
Forget going out to lunch - just come here with friends & family and make it instead!!!
Themed Cookery Courses, Birthday Parties, Cooking Tuition, Cookery Course Vouchers, Lessons and Cookery workshops, Cookery School.
Cookery Courses are held in the beautiful setting of Lodge Farm in it's modern Kitchen, the courses are taught by me Zena Leech-Calton, professional Chef. cookery tutor, food writer & blogger. I trained at Norwich City College & was a chef for over 10 years in London including pastry chef at BT tower, commis chef at Habitat, sous chef at Designers guild & eventually working my way up to Head Chef at Ealing Film Studios, after which I went in to catering management for Leiths. I have now been teaching for over 15 years firstly for Adult Education/Family learning and now her at my very own Cookery School in Bawburgh.
All my courses are for your group - you can choose from a group course for up to 8 of your friends, a mini themed course for 2 or a party course for kids and adults for up to 10. Pick from over different themes below - I specialise in Asian but have a passion for all food.
Cookery Courses Norwich, NorfolkVouchers - all my cookery courses can be bought as pre-paid vouchers. See my teaching days and times below.
Themed Cookery Courses
Group Courses - Up to 6 for £190 midweek term time or £220 anytime* inclusive (£15 per extra person up to 8) for a 3 hour session including ingredients, refreshments, a sit down feast in the kitchen. You can tag on American Diner or The Victorian dining room hire for £25.
Plus The Perfect Group Afternoon Tea Course - starting 1pm weekdays only, including Victorian Dining room hire.
Go large on any Group course - add an extra hour for £60 - more dishes, more demos, more time, more eating!!!
Mini Cookery Class for Two - A Themed 2 hour cookery lesson for 2 people for £85 mid-week term time or £110 anytime* inclusive - including all ingredients, refreshments and recipes. Dishes to take away (that's not the washing up!!!) - - -
OR Mini Family Class with the kids (1 - 2 adults & 2 - 3 children to teens) anytime for £125
NEW - Inclusion Class as above but for learners (1-3) and carers (1-2) anytime for £125
Children's Birthday Parties
Up to 8 children (minimum age 8) including the birthday child plus two adult helpers needed (parents etc - you get fed!!!) £230 for 3 hours of cookery hands on fun, demos, tasters, games and lunch. Choose from Pizza & Donuts, Burgers & Sundaes, Mexican & Churros or Wraps & Baking (£10 per additional child up to 10)
PLUS for bigger groups & companies Adults Cookery Parties TOO - - - £265 for up to 8 (£15 per person up to 10) for 3 hours including Diner or Dining room Hire. Choose from Thai, Classic USA, Mexican, Tapas or Chinese. Relax more - up to an extra hour in the Diner including Tea & Coffee and home-made cookies for £25
Teaching Days and Times
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday starting 10am, 12am, 2pm or 7pm
Saturdays 10am, 12am or 2pm (Limited Saturdays now available - Oct 21st, 4th, 11th or 18th November 2017)
(Midweek courses run Tue, Wed or Thur 10am, 12pm or 2pm term time only, anytime courses are any of the days and times above / please bare in mind my Saturday courses get booked up 2 - 3 months in advance)
Choose a THEME
- Thai One
- NEW -Thai Two
- Japanese inc. Sushi
- Asian Street Food (Mini Theme only)
- Dim Sum (Group Course only)
- Spanish Tapas
- Italian - Pasta & Antipasto
- *NEW* - Middle Eastern
- American Diner Classics
- *NEW* - The 5-2 Diet - All you need to know Plus Recipes & Revisit (Mini Theme x 2 sessions only)
- Bread & Baking (Group Course only)
- *NEW* - Your Daily Bread (Group Course only)
- Gluten Free Baking & Snacks
- Afternoon Tea (Group Course only)
- NEW - Guide to Cooking & Preparing Fish (additional £10 mini / £20 group charge inclusive)
- Vegetarian or Vegan Asian
- *NEW* - Vegetarian or Vegan Italian
- *NEW* - Vegetarian Thai
- *NEW* - The Perfect Christmas (Go Large Group Course only)
What's Included - No need to bring anything (apart from maybe an apron & some large take away containers), all ingredients and refreshments included, as is a recipe booklet with plenty of recipes to try at home - including dishes to eat here or take away.
- Thank you so much for Saturday Zena! We loved the class & the food was delicious �� I'd love to come & do an Indian course next!!! X
- Thanks for a great morning Zena - We are all fired up to cook authentic Mexican from Norfolk to Somerset 😎
- Thanks for a great morning of making pizzas and donuts. We all had a great time and will definitely come back for another go! Xx
- Brilliant morning of bread and baking - thank you for sharing your kitchen and your expertise x
- Thank you Zena for our very enjoyable morning with you learning and cooking Thai food. We've just enjoyed the fruits of our lesson and very much appreciated by husbands too. What a beautiful home you have in an idyllic location.
- A brief but sincere 'thank you' for this afternoon. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and your very effective teaching, Jeremy now fired up to take a course with his children. Many thanks again, Ron.
- We just wanted to thank you again for yesterday, thank you for all your efforts and research for gluten free recipes, we both had a lovely afternoon and really appreciated everything you did. Very much looking forward to trying more of your recipes and including a new mix of flavours and ingredients into our cooking. We all got a thumbs up from Milo too which is high praise indeed!